Today we celebrated world Open Data Data by launching the new Aberdeen Data Meet-up.
Our launch group included people from academia, business, the charity sector, the public sector and more – all supportive of a regular monthly meet-up for data community in Aberdeen.
We’ll be meeting on the first Tuesday evening of every month. We’ll alternate between speaker events (with plenty of opportunity for networking) and community events where we have a more hands-on approach.
We’re going to be covering:
- Data science, machine learning and AI,
- open data
- business intelligence
- research and practical applications
- Making a social impact with data
- Big data, and
- Specialist data fields – medicine, oil and gas, ecology etc
We’ve already committed as a group to help make Open Data in Aberdeen a reality, and to demonstrate not only how to do it, but also how to use it to make a difference.
You can follow us on Twitter for now – but we’ll soon sort out a web presence and an open Slack channel.
Put the following dates in your diary:
- Tuesday 3rd April 2018 (18.30 to 20.30)
- Tuesday 1st May 2018 (18:30 to 20:30)
More details to follow.